Went to sleep at about 10:30PM Sunday night. Woke up at 12AM. Yup. 12AM. Got up, did work, showered at 4AM, heading to airport at 4:30AM for a 6AM flight to Chicago. So. I was tired then.
- Met with Community Health Charities of Illinois (and was asked to present to the marketing committee on Wednesday)
- Went for a 5+ mile walk (do that daily)
- Met with Chicago Cares (and walked over there and back, 2+ miles)
- Met with Tribune Interactive
- Setup our trade show booth (looks SPECTACULAR)
- Walked over to pick up Mrs. Fields cookies (our booth giveaway - I have 150 in my room right now. Question is, how many will be in my room in the morning.).
- Picked up a monitor at Staples (to used in our booth).
- Walked back to hotel.
- Freshened up.
- Walked over to Rush Street.
- Had cocktails at Tavern on Rush
- Had dinner with a supersmart former VC, current entrepreneur - great discussion on what he's doing and what we're doing - at Carmine's on Rush.
So, I'm beyond tired...and here's the kicker. I almost stayed out. Dayum. There's so much going on here - great night out, lot's of people, a couple of cocktails, and anythings possible.
And then reality intruded. The show opens at 8AM Tuesday morning and I need more than 1.5 hours of sleep to keep going.