The best part of my job? Checking out Do Good channels for cool stuff. They're filled with tons of great ways to get involved and to make real and important change in communities across America.
In my travels through Do Good channels this weekend I came across:
- From Do Good Atlanta - the Atlanta Community Food Bank needs schools supplies for kids in need.
- From Do Good Boston - on Sunday, November 8th take part in the 1st Annual Victoria Mosier Memorial Run in Raynham, MA to benefit Homes for Our Troops.
- From Do Good Chicago - the United Way of Lake County needs volunteer readers and tutors to help elementary school kids.
- From Do Good Hartford - Timothy Memorial School in Norwalk, CT needs used cell phones and ink cartridges (and honestly, who doesn't have this stuff sitting around their house - get rid of it!).
- From Do Good Nashville - see Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Dad at the Nashville Children's Theatre.
- From Do Good Palm Beach - help the YMCA of the Palm Beaches build a heart trail in West Palm Beach, FL.
- From Do Good Rochester - the School of the Holy Childhood is having their annual craft sale on Saturday, November 7th.
- From Do Good San Antonio - the Volunteer Services Council of San Antonio State Hospital needs gentle used artificial Christmas trees for their patient care areas (I love this one).
Helping kids. Helping the troops. Helping the hungry. Helping the disadvantaged. Helping others.
You should check out a Do Good channel today and do some good.